Meeting with many people every week and getting to know about their personal lives and expiriences, there are a few stories which stand out. We all think that it will never happen to us, but think again...
Yes, all this water from a busted $5 flexi hose while your not home can cause a disaster.
All its takes is 20seconds to inspect under your sinks and basins for any damage to the felxi hose.
How to minimise a potential disaster:
- Is your insurance policy set up to cover a potential internal flood? i.e. to cover the replacement of flooring, walls, carpet, furniture and electricals? if not, let us know and we can organise a obligation free quote.
- Do you know where your mains water shut-off tap is?
- Inspect under each sink and basin in your home or investment properties:
* Use a torch to check for any kinks or damaged mesh around the hose.
* Check to ensure the connection is securely locked.
* Wiggle the hose to see if any water leaks.
* Some fittings have a local shut-off valve under the basin/sink. Usually installed by a smart plumber.
- Is the drain in the centre of the bathroom uncovered and able to cope with excessive water? A bit of Draino can clear any congestion.
If in doubt, arrange your trusted plumber to attend and inspect and replace if required.
Insurance companies are the experts at facilitating the replacement of flooring, walls and carpets.
But spending 20seconds under each sink and basin will save you 4-8weeks from being out of your home.
Hope your connections are fault free. Good Luck!